Sunday, June 3, 2018

I'm Baaack!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It turned out that starting this blog was taking too much out of me, so I had to step back for a while. Six months later, I am MUCH better, I'm happy to say. So I'm going to try to continue posting everything I think might be helpful to other sufferers of PPPD or chronic dizziness.

Someone else's holiday from Flickr via Wylio
© 2007 Todd Baker, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio
When last I posted back in January, I had already overcome a lot of the dizziness through vestibular rehabilitation therapy, which I will explain in an upcoming post. My primary problem then was the crippling fatigue. I just could not function normally. It was complicated by my chronic migraines, which actually play a role in PPPD. Now, six months later, I am significantly improved on all fronts. I accomplished this by the following:

  1. I kicked the triptans (migraine treatment medication which actually contributes to chronic migraine)
  2. I weaned myself off of the Topomax (migraine preventive) which was causing lethargy.
  3. Regular exercise - walking 30 minutes a day (I worked up to this) and 30 minutes of Tai Chi (really good for balance and fitness).
  4. Meditation - 30 minutes a day
More detail in this post. But this combination worked miracles for me. 

Also, if you have any questions about anything on this blog, please leave a comment and I will get right back with you. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment